Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 1996 23:02:37 -0600
From:      "Allen Hyer" <allenh@wtrt.net>
To:        "gw" <gw@cyber-coupon.com>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: question

> Also what might you suggest for a quuick study on unix?  I got the Walnut
> creek freebsd book, and the Unix Guide for Idiots (HA!).

I don't know how "quick" it is...but I found a good study on Unix to be
Unix Unleashed by Sams Publishing.  It starts off very basic, at the login
prompt, and takes you through choosing a shell, getting familiar with the
most used commands, etc.  It gets into system administration, perfomance
monitoring, etc etc.  It is a huge book, but it gets very detailed with
good examples and information on just about everything.

Allen Hyer
System Administrator
West Texas Rural Telephone