Date:      Wed, 3 Aug 2011 02:20:59 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Ippon UPS over USB (ugen1.2: <Cypress Semiconductor> at usbus1)?

Hello, Freebsd-usb.

  I'm trying to attach IPPON SmartPower 1000 UPS to FreeBSD 8-STABLE
system via USB.

  Here are some success stories over internet with using these UPSes
with USB connection with nut (sysutils/nut) with blazer_usb driver.

 But I have no luck: UPS is not detected as HID device:

ugen1.2: <Cypress Semiconductor> at usbus1
ugen1.2: <Cypress Semiconductor> at usbus1 (disconnected)
ugen1.2: <Cypress Semiconductor> at usbus1

 I have uhid.ko loaded:

# kdlstat
Id Refs Address            Size     Name
 1    6 0xffffffff80100000 7cf648   kernel
 2    1 0xffffffff808d0000 206e8    geom_raid5.ko
 3    1 0xffffffff80a12000 12c2     uhid.ko
#

  And blazer_usb doesn't work:

# /usr/local/libexec/nut/blazer_usb -a ippon01 -DDDD
Network UPS Tools - Megatec/Q1 protocol USB driver 0.03 (2.6.1)
   0.000000     debug level is '4'
   0.023502     No appropriate HID device found
   0.023524     No supported devices found. Please check your device availa=
bility with 'lsusb'
and make sure you have an up-to-date version of NUT. If this does not help,
try running the driver with at least 'subdriver', 'vendorid' and 'productid'
options specified. Please refer to the man page for details about these opt=
ions
(man 8 blazer).
#

  I'm posting it here, but not to NUT mailing list, because it seems,
that blazer_usb will need HID device, and FreeBSD doesn't detect one.

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>