Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 12:58:18 +0100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <mavetju@chello.nl>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jes=FAs_Arn=E1iz?= <arnaiz@encomix.es>
Cc:        FreeBSD <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ports

On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 11:45:12AM +0100, Jesús Arnáiz wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've FreeBSD 4.2 installed. I try to install some ports doing this:
>
> # mount /cdrom
> # cd /usr/ports
> # make
>
> But every time I see it try to find the .tar.gz file on a ftp
> site. It don't look on my CD.

Ports aren't stored on the cdrom, they are on ftp- and http-servers.

So cd to the right directory you want to install (for example:
/usr/ports/misc/less) and type "make" there.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis   |           Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions:
mavetju@chello.nl |                     http://fataldimensions.nl.eu.org/