Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2007 21:19:08 +0100
From:      Martin <list@manuelmartini.it>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD mysql Benchmark  on 4BSD/ULE scheduler and i386/amd64

--Sig_yq4J5_md/pul420mOw05EJ0

Il giorno Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:57:57 -0400
Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> ha scritto:

> On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 03:42:06PM -0400, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 03:47:29PM +0100, Martin wrote:
> > >=20
> > > You can view my benchmark here:
> > > https://manuelmartini.it/bench/mysql/
> >=20
> > Can you add links your kernel config file for
> > each configuration you tested?
> > It looks like your 6.2 configuration does not have
> > WITNESS enabled, but your 7.0 configuration does.
>=20
> Also some more discussion would be useful, e.g. you appear to be
> testing on different machines so the most important thing to
> understand is how, or whether, the hardware differs.  You do link to
> the dmesgs, but it's hard to process this into a summary form whereas
> you presumably know the details.
>=20
I use the same hw (3 dell 1435 server)

> I am also unfamiliar with the benchmark itself, can you give me a
> pointer to the software? =20

I used sql-bench=20
/usr/ports/databases/mysql50-server/work/mysql-5.0.33/sql-bench/
(at this time)
the default Makefile of port have "--without-bench" options  so u need
to make manually

> If it is doing disk I/O then you may be
> mostly measuring the speed of your disks, which is why the previous
> paragraph is so important to understand.

the disk was the same of 3 test