Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 1995 15:46:35 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        "Paul, Chris bd 6-6487" <PaulC@mef.bdeoss.com>
Cc:        questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>

> I was very happy when my 2.0-950412-SNAP boot disk saw my SCSI bus and I
> could Fdisk and label my partitions.  However, when I get to the bin
> installation procedure and ftp the files over to /usr/tmp, the checksum
> routine fails.  I don't think the checksums are the problem, as it responds
> too quickly without doing any work and I should have had problems unzipping
> them if the files were corrupt.

Please mail questions like this to (not surprisingly) questions@FreeBSD.org.

-current is for people who are already running -current and need to
stay up to date on issues having to do with it.  You're not quite in
that category! :-)

What happens when you try to fetch the bindist over manually, running
to do_cksum.sh script yourself?  Hit ESC twice to get a shell and try
this by hand.

					Jordan