Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 2009 18:01:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      gahn <ipfreak@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd general questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ipv6 and freebsd

Ok, i meant the configuration of "ipv6_network_interface="fxp0"" alone doesn't seem to be working:

for /etc/rc.conf:

#ipv6_enable="YES"
ipv6_network_interface="fxp0"

user@lab:~:$ ifconfig fxp0

fxp0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
        options=9b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,VLAN_HWCSUM>
        ether 00:06:5b:f0:7d:21
        status: active

then I modified the file /etc/rc.conf:

ipv6_enable="YES"
ipv6_network_interface="fxp0"

then it enabled the IPv6 on every interface.

how could I enable IPv6 only on the interface fxp0 instead of every interface?

Also how could I enable the feature of "auto configuration"? I have a router configured on the same subnet on the interface fxp0 as eui-64 and sending out router-advertisement. so far i don't see the automatically configured IPv6 address on the interface fxp0 except the link-local address (the one starts with fe80::). why is that?