Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 1998 12:47:42 +0100
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>
To:        Tom Torrance <tom@tomqnx.com>
Cc:        Adam Turoff <AdamT@smginc.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, Robert Glover <rob@f-body.org>
Subject:   Re: Token Ring for FreeBSD yet?

Tom Torrance writes:
> Dead? I don't think so. We have 43,000 people on TR where
> I work.  Small business popularity does not equate to corporate.

	What Jordan means, is that

	a) there is not a big popularity for TR in the FreeBSD community
	b) the two people that ever showed sudden "I'll do it!" enthusiasm
	   have never surfaced again, even though I offered several Kilos of
	   TR cards lying here.  I might even be able to bribe some people
	   on copying the specs[1].

	So, one can say that, if TR isn't dead, it damn well acts like it is.

	[1]:

	Driver developer:
		I'd like to make a comment!

	IBM/Olicom/Whatever:
		Call the help desk.

	DD: Never mind.  I wish to complain about this product called
		Token Ring.

	I/O: What's wrong with it ?

	DD: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad.  It's dead, that's
		what's wrong with it!

	I/O: Uh uh.  It's... resting.

	DD: Look matey, I know a dead TR when I see one.

	I/O: He's resting!  Remarkable card, the TR.  Beautiful specs!

	DD: (slams the TR card on the counter to the words:
		this *slam* TR *slam* is *slam* DEAD!

	I/O: ... well...

	DD: ... so can I please have the specs anyway.

	I/O: No, sorry, you need to sign an NDA and pay up. *click*

	Thank GOD they're dead.

--
 -[ Philippe Regnauld / sysadmin / regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk / +55.4N +11.3E ]-
     «Pluto placed his bad dog at the entrance of Hades to keep the dead