Date:      Wed, 7 Dec 2005 14:41:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      Arne Woerner <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        cajfox@mail.bg, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Printer Setup

Hi!

--- cajfox@mail.bg wrote:
> I have a problem with the setup of a Canon S200x
> printer.

I don't know that printer (I use an USB HP via ghostscript hpijs
driver and that lpr print system (/etc/printcap)).

But I have found some links, that might be useful in your case:
http://www.ghostscript.com/
http://www.ghostscript.com/doc/AFPL/8.50/Devices.htm#IJS
http://www.linuxprinting.org/ijs/
http://www.linuxprinting.org/printer_list.cgi
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_driver.cgi?driver=gimp-print&fromprinter=Canon-S200
http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/
http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/p_Supported_Printers.php3

I use gimp-2.2 from ports in FBSD R6.0 and it offers in
File/Print/Setup Printer a printer named S200...

But nothing about the "X" in S200x... :-((

Maybe you want to install graphics/gimp and
graphics/ghostscript-gnu via ports, too (I think that installs
print/gimp-print automatically)?

I hope that helps...

Bye
Arne