Date:      Mon, 9 Mar 1998 16:47:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Spike Gronim <spork@cncn.com>
To:        Malte Lance <malte@webmore.com>
Cc:        fbsdqs <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: RGB color maps

Maybe I am misunderstanding the type of colors I am talking about.
I AM starting the server in 24 bit per pixel mode. "startx --bpp 24" is
what I type. When I try and start a color hungry program like the "xtacy"
kaleidascope from the ports and another color lover like netscape, the
second one complains about not being able to allocate enough colors. Does
this clarify the matter any?

the log of my Xtacy program when run while Navigator was running:

X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operat
ion)
  Major opcode of failed request:  86 (X_AllocColorCells)
  Value in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  54
Running mode boxes