Date:      Fri, 09 Jun 2000 11:31:07 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Oleg Strizhak <indian@pcbtech.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.0 stable new kernel not boot -- ad0 probs

Oleg Strizhak wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Could you help me: i have SUBJ prob. I've rebuild the kernel w/ custom conf.
> cause I've Cel-300a, Chaintech 6BTM, Quatum HDD i had enabled only
>
> device ata
>
> is that not enough for IDE drive -- should I also enable atadisk
> I'd like 2 keep it as clean as possible

# ATA and ATAPI devices
device          ata0    at isa? port IO_WD1 irq 14

You deleted too much. This is the device driver for the HD. Until you
understand what works you are probably much better off not deleting
too much at a time. When I made my first 4.0 kernel, all I deleted
from GENERIC was all but the ahc0 scsi device driver and the extra
NIC's.

It also isn't considered nice to send a question to both -questions
and -stable.

Kent

> Thanx

Kent Stewart