Date:      Mon, 01 Feb 1999 19:56:41 -0500
From:      mark abrenio <mabrenio@phix.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernal.

i am going to have to rebuild my kernal to allow for sound card
support.but i am having a little trouble.when i boot and get to the boot
prompt,,when i type kernal it still does not boot.it says that it cant
find kernal.

i know that that is my kernal name.because i build it when i first
installed the system.
and when i do a cd / i see the files "kernal" and kernal.old.

when i type find kernal it says file not found.i can see the file,,why
does the system not recognize it??

i have a lot of important files,,and if i screw up the system and then
cant boot the old kernal,,i dont know what ill do!

mark..