Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 1995 09:26:48 -0500
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux emul is go!

> > Apparently, one has to have exactly the "right" linux libs to get
> > things to work.  Amancio was nice enough to make his available.
>

> We really need to make this a "port" I think.  Or at the very least we
> need to stick them on the CD. :) Amancio?  Somebody?  Might it be
> possible for you to get everything one needs in one convenient tarfile
> that we can distribute?  I'm sure that if *Brian* had troubles with
> this, our average user will simply throw up his hands and claim that
> our linux emulation doesn't work for spit! :-(

Ok, I just made a working copy of my linux libs, and a port that needs
to be tested.

In my home dir on freefall, there are two files, a linux_lib-port.tgz, and
the corresponding libraries in a tarball, linux_lib.tar.gz.  Put the second
in /usr/ports/distfiles, or adjust the MASTER_SITES macro in the makefile.

> 					Jordan

eric.

--
erich@lodgenet.com