Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:47:14 -0600
From:      Lars Fredriksen <lars@odin-corporation.com>
To:        Andrea Campi <andrea@webcom.it>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: environment variable for resolv.conf anyone?

Hi,
Yes I have thought of that. I ran into a few issues that I thought made the
solution cumbersome. Perhaps you solved these in a way that makes them
dissapear?

    1) Need to always use fully qualified names (only a problem when there are
duplicates)
    2) Need to bounce named a lot to avoid having records for networks that are
not currently connected to.
        (perhaps sufficient to edit search line in resolv.conf each time a
network gets added/deleted.)
    3) If the remote network consists of lots of subdomains the named config
becomes rather large.

Lars