Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 13:26:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
To:        ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>
Cc:        Rick Hamell <hcg@teleport.com>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, simon mendoza <simon_v_mendoza@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: How important is "the OS?"

This stuff is interesting and controversial, but completely off-topic in
freebsd-newbies.

On 26-Jun-98 ML Duke wrote:
>> > 1) have you all read Victor Orwell's "1994"?
>
> Its neccessary to interject on this one. From what I've seen, 90% of
> the people on this list know more BSD than I do, but awareness is sure
> lacking elsewhere which I guess is normal.
>
> It was "1984" and it was "George" Orwell, but those are unimportant
> errors. The serious error is to think our current society is not
> related to Orwell's "fictional" one. But Orwell's "double speak" has
> been renamed: Its called "political correctness."

<snip>

E-Mail: Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
Date: 26-Jun-98
Time: 13:25:28

This message was sent by XFMail under Fvwm2 and FREEBSD.
My personal website is at http://www.serv.net/~fewtch/index.html
Take a look if you have the time - something for everyone there.