Date:      Sat, 5 Jan 2002 18:43:06 EST
From:      TD790@aol.com
To:        busto@sbcglobal.net
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Phobos 4-port NIC

In a message dated 01/04/2002 10:54:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
busto@sbcglobal.net writes:

> I have recently acquired a pair of Phobos 4-port NIC's, the P430TX
>  model.  On it, it has 4 Intel 21143TD chips, and one larger Intel
>  21152AB chip.
>
>  The driver (binary only) provided by Phobos is from 1999.  Does FreeBSD
>  have any support for this card?  Perhaps by the dc or de drivers?  If
>  not, how difficult would it be to add it, keeping in mind I'm best
>  described as a junior junior kernel hacker.  :>

Uh, I'm wondering why anyone would care..considering that DLINK has
fundamentally the same card and they are selling it for a ridiculously low
price. Phobos always claimed "superiority", but its just a PCI bridge and
(the same old) 21143 as all of the other 4 port cards (yawn)...if it doesnt
work with the dc driver then I'd dump it.

DB