Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:31:36 +0200
From:      "Marcel Grandemange" <thavinci@thavinci.za.net>
To:        "'Carlos A. M. dos Santos'" <unixmania@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Error: Can't find libjava.so

> I do realize this is probably better suited for freebsd-questions ,
however
> haven't received any response and was simply hoping someone would be kind
> enough.
>
> I recently obtained a very decent ups, however it is not supported by NUT.
> It does however come with winpower software that does run on FreeBSD.
> However it required java. So installed from ports
> And was presented with following error:
>
> Error: can't find libjava.so
>
> This is on system in folder
"/usr/local/Diablo-jre1.6.0/lib/amd64/libjava.so

>Do you mean this software?

>     http://www.ups-software-download.com/winpower.htm
Yes

>I looked at the installation script and found that it fails to find
>the installes JRE. Try this:

>     ./setup.bin LAX_VM "/usr/local/Diablo-jre1.6.0/jre/bin/java
Worked!!!

>Please notice that this will just run the  installer. I did *not *
>install the software because I don't have a password. Anyway, unless
>you have a version newer than the one I tested, it will unlikely run
>on a recent FreeBSD/amd64 because it is for FreeBSD 4.6/i386:
Yeh I know, but don't have a choice but to try as NUT doesn't support this
UPS. :/
It actually installed successfully, but canot start it because of same
error:

./agent start LAX_VM "/usr/local/Diablo-jre1.6.0/bin/java"
Starting agent:
Error: Can't find libjava.so
Done

>FreeBSD/resource/jre/bin/i386/green_threads/java: ELF 32-bit LSB
>executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (FreeBSD), for FreeBSD 4.6
>(460102), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), FreeBSD-style, not
>stripped

Realize im taking a chance....

But Thank You !
--