Date:      Mon, 27 Apr 1998 18:49:34 +0200
From:      Jeremy Lea <reg@shale.csir.co.za>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Andreessen: Linux use growing

Hi...

On Sat, Apr 25, 1998 at 10:10:55AM -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> [Redirected to -advocacy only; -chat and -advocacy both is overkill]

I'm never quite sure of the correct procedure for moving a thread... to cc
it first, or just to move it...

> The problem with this, and it's already been offered, is that they're
> already in the process of setting all these things up themselves (some
> number of insanely configured Sparc/SMP boxes are being put together
> now to serve all of this stuff over at Mozilla.org) and there is
> actually great concern that we'll race off and set up a parallel
> infrastructure in our impatience and really confuse things - I already
> offered to donate machine resources and network connectivity to the
> cause of setting up a set of mozilla mirrors, as you mention, and got
> "no, no, wait, we're *almost ready!*" as my answer.  They're happy to
> have our help, but they're also in the process of releasing their own
> CVS repository and they'd much rather than bento mirror it than keep a
> parallel copy.

Oh well, provided the hand of friendship has been extended. S'pose if you
have the money to blow... Offer to swap our infrastructure for their Sparc
boxes ;)

 -Jeremy

--
  |   "In this world of temptation, I will stand for what is right.
--+--  With a heart of salvation, I will hold up the light.