Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 1998 17:05:17 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
To:        Dmitry Sonkin <dsonkin@us.ibm.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with FreeBSD makemap

On Mon, Jul 13, 1998 at 09:12:33AM -0400, Dmitry Sonkin wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> I was trying to setup virtusertable for use with sendmail on my home computer
> and encountered the problem with makemap utility.
> When I type "makemap hash virtusertable" nothing happens. It seems like makemap
> hangs up.

The `makemap' utility expects text to be entered on stdin,
you should run it as follows:

makemap hash mapname < mapname.src

where mapname.src is your source map filename.

> Another problem of lower priority is characters on the screen do not wrap but
> disappear after the border is reached. Is there anything I can do to my
> terminal settings to change that?

This is usually due to wrote terminal type set.
What terminal type do you use? What version of FreeBSD?
Give us more info.

Regards,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Sysadmin and DBA of the