Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:09:22 -0900
From:      Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Gilles <gilles.ganault@free.fr>, Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [6.3/MySQL Server 5.1] item_cmpfunc.h:1301: internal compiler error

On Tuesday 17 February 2009 01:09:34 Ivan Voras wrote:
> Gilles wrote:
> > On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 09:53:09 +0100, Gilles <gilles.ganault@free.fr>
> >
> > wrote:
> >> BTW, here are the CFLAGS-related lines MySQL Server's Makefile:
> >
> > Using "make BUILD_OPTIMIZED=no" doesn't solve the issue :-/
> >
> > In file included from item.h:2199,
> >                  from mysql_priv.h:589,
> >                  from ha_berkeley.cc:53:
> > item_geofunc.h:78: internal compiler error: Illegal instruction: 4
>
> Ok, there are two more possibilities:
> 	a) Your hardware has problems (try http://www.memtest86.com/)
> 	b) Your compiler was itself compiled with invalid optimizations. This
> is only possible if you or someone else compiled the system for you, not
> if you simply installed it from released ISO images.

	c) UNAME_m environment variable is set to not i386

Would be nice to see the final compilation line this fails on, so the very
long line above the "In file included" one. If there are no cpu specific
selections there, then the compiler itself is at fault. Yes, hardware is a
possibility, but I'd expect to see SIGSEGV much much sooner then SIGILL.
--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.