Date:      Thu, 16 Jun 2005 03:59:12 +0200
From:      Kurt Jaeger <lists@complx.LF.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Radius server with web/gui interface

Hi!

Sorry if I comment on that, but...

> > we use the commercial RADIUS server Radiator along with the companion
> > Radmin app in our environment.

> Yeah and that gives you absolutelly no possibility to add/remove/change
> the features of your Radmin.

Radiator and stuff is written in perl, and therefore you get the source.

If you add stuff and submit it to open.com.au, the company
that implements and sells radiator, it will be added to the
next release.

Lots of people do this, as can be seen on their mailing
list.

http://www.open.com.au/archives/radiator/

> The only reason to use commercial soft is to be able to get
> commercial support.
> And that gives you no guarantee their software is free for bugs.

No software is free of bugs. But the guys at open.com.au do
a *very* good job. We use their software since 1998, never
had a problem. Disclaimer: It's so good we're even reselling it 8-)

> I doubt anyone checks for Radiator security risks as they do for freeradius.

Well, only the net-admins of all the biggest ISPs and carriers
in the world that use radiator are checking it 8-)

See

http://www.open.com.au/radiator/customers.html

--
MfG/Best regards, Kurt Jaeger                                  15 years to go !
LF.net GmbH        fon +49 711 90074-23  pi@LF.net