Date:      Fri, 12 May 2000 05:08:10 -0500
From:      Mike Pritchard <mpp@mppsystems.com>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        Trent Nelson <tpnelson@echidna.stu.cowan.edu.au>, Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: unknown: <PNP...>

On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 10:16:17AM -0400, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> <<On Wed, 10 May 2000 11:57:21 +0800, Trent Nelson <tpnelson@echidna.stu.cowan.edu.au> said:
>
> > 	Something else I've noticed in the mean time is that PnP devices like
> > my printer - that are also on buses that are probed for PnP devices -
> > end up being probed twice at boot time.
>
> Delete the `at isa? port blah' cruft from your config file.

For what devices?  The only devices I have those on match what
is in GENERIC.

I did notice that I started getting all of the "unknown: <PNPxxxxx>"
messages after the PNPBIOS option became default.  On the
machine I'm typing on this on, I used to see those messages
if I defined PNPBIOS in my config file.  PNPBIOS became default
some time back, with no way (that I saw) to turn it off.

Other than the annoying messages at boot, it never caused a problem
that I saw, so I didn't really worry about it.

If we aren't supposed to have "at isa? port ..." stuff in our
config files, then someone should update GENERIC to reflect
that.

-Mike
--
Mike Pritchard