Date:      Sun, 30 Dec 2007 05:05:09 +0200
From:      Sokratis Galiatsis <sokratisg@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Handbook - Section 23.4.1 addition

Hi,
I hope I am doing this post in the right spot.
I tried to post it through send-pr but sendmail gets email rejected from fr=
eebsd.org MX, because my hostname has an invalid domain. (no real mailserve=
r running here :( )

I have a suggestion for the FreeBSD Handbook, and particulary in the '23.4 =
Rebuilding=93world=94' section.

        In FreeBSD Handbook, if someone follows 23.4.1 instructions, then i=
n single user mode after 'make installkernel' and the first system reboot, =
no 'mergemaster -p' can be done without invocing the 'mount -u' command whi=
ch is mentioned 4 sub-sections bellow. (section 23.4.5)
Fix:
        Either an href anchor or just a remind of the 'Drop to single User =
Mode' section should be put after the text 'boot in single user mode' in 23=
.4.1 section This way, a lot of confusion can be avoided for users not awar=
e of the 'mount -u' command in single user mode.

http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/=