Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2001 13:51:04 -0400
From:      Robert Sexton <robert@kudra.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   a DDB Question.

I'm trying to track down a memory leak using ddb.  DDB is a really
neat piece of work, but its not very well documented.  I notice that
the man page is dated 1996, and folks have added useful things like
'call', that are undocumented.

Specifically, what it the correct syntax to examine a static variable
in a kernel routine?  I built a little bit of code to help me out,
like this:

static int my_test_routine() {
	static int counter;
	return(counter++);
	}

So exactly what would be the syntax to examine 'counter'?

Thanks.

--
Robert Sexton - robert@kudra.com, Cincinnati OH, USA
There's safety in numbers... Large prime numbers. - John Gilmore