Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:44:00 -0700
From:      Peter <fbsdq@yahoo.com>
To:        jlb@xsequor.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:New to Linux... just found FreeBSD

http://sites.inka.de/mips/unix/bsdlinux.html  -- BSD - Linux with a
twist
	Try that link.  It's not the best but it's good.

	Just start reading the FreeBSD handbook or freebsddiary.org and just
arious other info about freebsd, and it won't take long before you figure
out that FreeBSD is either better for your needs or worse.  I got hooked on
FreeBSD after I started reading about it and realized linux just sucks for my
needs, FreeBSD does everything that linux does and just a lot better and more
gracefully --- but that's my opinion.

On 03/19/2001 11:06:16 AM, John Baxter is quoted as saying:

. . . .|I am fairly new to Linux, about 6 months or so.  I have seen references
. . . .|to FreeBSD but I had not really taken time to look into it.  Can I use
. . . .|Linux code and recompile it on FreeBSD and it work?
. . . .|Is the code base as large as Linux?  Sorry to keep refering to Linux, it
. . . .|is how I got started with "Open Source" and I know very little other
. . . .|than it. Is there a FreeBSD vs. Linux document on the internet, or
. . . .|something to help me learn by compairing what I know about Linux to the
. . . .|unknown of FreeBSD?  Something to point out the strengths and
weaknesses
. . . .|of each.
. . . .|
. . . .|Thanks,
. . . .|John Baxter
. . . .|
. . . .|
. . . .|
. . . .|To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
. . . .|with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message

www.nul.cjb.net
www.FreeBSD.org