Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 2008 19:13:10 +0000
From:      Ryan <m4gicite@gmail.com>
To:        "Joel Dahl" <joel@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install issues with 7.x

Finally had time to understand some how release works and made some
new cds. Some new updates to the situation since as I am still having
issues. I was not able to figure out how to make release with a custom
kernel, would always fail that step so I had to stick with GENERIC. To
simulate taking out firewire support I just deleted the corresponding
kernel modules in /boot/kernel and remade the iso. Stable as of
12-07-2008 is giving the same feedback as 7.1-B2 but actually gives a
panic screen.

panic: run_interrupt_driven_config_hooks: waited too long
cpuid = 0
KDB: enter: panic
[thread pid 0 tid 100000 ]
Stopped at      kdb_enter+0x3a: movl     $0,kdb_why
db>

There has been a bios update recently and have applied it, but there
has been no change in any of the tests by a quick glance.

If it makes a difference the cds I create with cdrecord generate the
added errors acd0: FAILURE - READ BIG timed out. I don't think that
has anything to do with it, just saying it for full disclosure.
Disregard if irrelevant. That error applies to only the stable builds
I made.