Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 2009 22:18:35 -0400
From:      Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
To:        Adam McDougall <mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tape changer, but not tape drive

Good news:

Adam McDougall wrote:
> Dan Langille wrote:
>> Adam McDougall wrote:
>> > You could also try swapping the
>>> first and second connection or the third and fourth, or both, if it is
>>> hooked up like I think it is, those should have an equal chance of
>>> working
>>> and might reveal a bad port or partially bad port.

$ sudo camcontrol devlist
Password:
<DEC TL800    (C) DEC 0326>        at scbus0 target 0 lun 0 (pass0,ch0)
<DEC TZ89     (C) DEC 1837>        at scbus0 target 5 lun 0 (sa0,pass1)
<QUANTUM DLT7000 1E48>             at scbus1 target 5 lun 0 (sa1,pass2)
<HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10A JL02>    at scbus3 target 0 lun 0 (pass3,cd0)

Witness: http://www.langille.org/tmp/library-good-cables.jpg

It seems putting the cables in the 'right' order helps.  FWIW, I have
since put that terminator into that empty slot and rebooted.  Everything
is there.  Done a backup/restore/diff.  All fine.  :)

Thank you.