Date:      09 Aug 2000 00:56:23 -0700
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@freebsd.org>
Cc:        keith@freebsd.sinica.edu.tw, taoka@freebsd.org, sanpei@freebsd.org, hidekazu@cs.titech.ac.jp, cjh@kr.freebsd.org, jabley@clear.co.nz, shige@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports that depend on XFree86-3

 * From: "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@freebsd.org>

 * This port works for XFree86-4 too, but what proper way of updating to
 * XFree86-4 is?

You mean it will work regardless of whether the contents of /usr/X11R6
is XFree86-3 or XFree86-4?

In that case, the USE_X_PREFIX line should generally be enough to mark
the dependency, as it translates (among other things) to a LIB_DEPENDS
to libX.so.6.

 * About ru-netscape3 RESTRICTED field - I not fully understand why we can
 * distribute netscape but can't some file from it.

I think what happened was that you marked it RESTRICTED when you made
it since netscape itself was RESTRICTED, and (we all) forgot to remove
it when netscape became redistributable.

 * 						    BTW, it needs updating to
 * netscape4

Hmm, I wonder who's the maintainer.... :)  (Or are you asking for a
repository copy?)

Satoshi