Date:      Mon, 29 May 2006 15:56:12 +0200
From:      Benjamin Lutz <benlutz@datacomm.ch>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Pete C <pete@thechristies.net>
Subject:   Re: min disk size for (useful) desktop

--nextPart4659606.AOcoHOIq45

On Saturday 27 May 2006 15.52, Pete C wrote:
> . . . looking for advice/guidelines for a minimum disk size for a decent
> desktop install of 6-stable with gnome, openoffice, firefox, gimp etc. .
> . .
>
> . . . I have both a 20G and a 250G on hand, so I guess the question
> really is is 20G enough ? ? ?

I've been running a complete system with KDE, OOo, Gimp etc on my laptop on=
 a=20
7GB partition for 3 years. It does require some cleaning up every so often=
=20
(remove distfiles etc), but it's enough. So 20GB should be plenty.

=46or things that need a lot of space to build (OOo), you can use binary=20
packages.

Cheers
Benjamin