Date:      Tue, 17 Aug 1999 11:18:15 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Stefan Peter <stefan@brainbow.ailab.sztaki.hu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   netscape

Dear Answerers,

I was in e-mail contact with you several weeks ago. Perhaps some of you
may remember to me. I'm running a newly-installed FreeBSD system on
Pentium-MMX. Several weeks ago I had difficulties with setting up the
X11-server. This difficulty, due to your kind help, is no longer a
problem, the X11 works almost perfectly. Unfortunately almost, because a
new promlem have been encountered: the netscape. The netscape application
does not work properly. After successful installations higher versions
stop requiring some library-functions. The netscape 3.4 and 3.4 gold work,
but in some cases they stop catching singal 11 and the xdm starts-up again
giving the login-password screen. I tried to use the netscape of other
machines diverting the DISPLAY variable and running the netscape from
another macihne but the result was the same. Can you give
me some issues to fix the problem?

Cheers,
Peter Stefan