Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 2001 12:17:23 +0100
From:      Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <bjarne@mekanix.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Moving setup from one HD to another.

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001 01:33:15 -0800
"Crist J. Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net> wrote:

> Pipe dump(8) output on each old partition to restore(8) on the new
> one.

Hmm... lets see if I've gotten this correct. I create a new partition with
the necessary slices. I mount them on my old system /mnt/newsystem.

cd into eg /mnt/newsystem/usr/

dump -0 /usr |restore -r and so on for every filesystem. And remember to
change fstab before booting into the new system.

OR do I create a new system from scratch with minimal setup and then boot
into it. Mount the old system (/mnt/oldsystem ).

cd into /usr/

dump -0 /mnt/oldsystem/usr/ |restore -r ??

Bjarne