Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:06:24 -0500
From:      Bob K <melange@yip.org>
To:        admin <admin@crimelords.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Logging ssh??

Add these two lines to /etc/syslog.conf:

!sshd
*.*						/var/log/syslog

Or, move your *.*,cron.non line *above* any lines that begin with !.

then kill -HUP `cat /var/run/syslogd.pid`

Don't forget to add a line in /etc/newsyslog.conf for /var/log/syslog.

And this sort of question is best asked of freebsd-questions.

Bob <melange@yip.org> | Please don't feed the sock puppet.