Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 01:22:17 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <karsten@rohrbach.de>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>, Michael Bacarella <mbac@nyct.net>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: idea: official hardware manufacturer blacklist - let's wake em up!

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Karsten W. Rohrbach wrote:

> hm
>
> i mean, do the hardware people want their stuff supported or not? that's
> the main question
> some seem to choose the NOT.

right, and that is their perogative ... you can't create a "blacklist" and
publicize it, it makes us look bad, not them.  What you can do is create a
"recommended hardware", or "well supported hardware" list ...

Don't show the negative, only show the positive ... promote those vendors
that are open to FreeBSD, don't put down those that don't ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org