Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 2010 11:43:17 -0500
From:      Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com>
To:        Ron <rg.lists@rzweb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Postfix signal 11

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 11:17 AM, Ron <rg.lists@rzweb.com> wrote:
> After I did a big portupgrade on the April 25th, I am now getting a lot t=
hese...

> +pid 53508 (conftest), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
> +pid 28553 (smtp), uid 125: exited on signal 11
> +pid 28569 (smtp), uid 125: exited on signal 11
> +pid 28657 (smtp), uid 125: exited on signal 11
>
> ..in my logs. =A0I've tried forcing a rebuild of postfix and all dependen=
cy to no avail. =A0I don't seem to be loosing any email.

> I'm assuming it's postfix (I don't use sendmail), but I could be wrong. =
=A0Anyone know what this is or where I should start looking? =A0Did I not u=
pgrade something correctly after the big changes?

> Thanks

Signal 11, or SIGSEGV, is a segmentation violation. It occurs when a
program makes an invalid memory reference. The program exits (crashes)
and leaves a dump of it's memory image on the file system somewhere.

The memory image, a .core file, is somewhere on your file system and
will allow the application (I assume Postfix) to be debugged (using
gdb).

-Brandon