Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 06:09:38 PDT
From:      "Jason McGee" <goodmis@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Printers, Ports & Video Drivers

Printer:

I set up FreeBSD and I am having problems printing.  I verified that the
/var/spool directory exists and the print files exist.  I did an lptest and
the printer responded. When I tried lpr, I got the following:

lpr: connect: No such file or directory
jobs queued, but cannot start daemon

Ports:

From the best I can tell, FreeBSD has my cdrom in the /dev directory. When I
checked the cdrom directory, it is empty.  I would like to port applications
off the cd instead of the net until I set up ppp.

Video:

I have a Dell computer with a S3 Vision 968 PCI card. I want to set up X but
I don't know which driver to install.  One other question, how can I change
the refresh rate on the monitor.  I read the instructions , but I still
don't know how.

Thanks,

Jason