Date:      Thu, 07 Oct 1999 23:40:04 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org, committers@freebsd.org
Subject:   arch@freebsd.org

As most of you are probably aware, the freebsd-arch mailing list is
no longer a moderated list, as we know it. For now, it acts like a
non-moderated list, except that some threads may be locked out of
the list if they stray off topic.

Some people tried starting two different threads in that list. We
failed in both cases. Though we don't know yet, I suspect it is
simply a case of lack of subscribers.

So, here goes a call. Freebsd-arch is supposed to be a list were
technical content can be discussed, and with a sufficient high
signal/noise ratio to make it possible for committers to subscribe
to it. While -committers fit this description, it is not of open
subscription.

Thus, I ask you, committers, to subscribe to that mailing list.
Right now, you won't increase your mailing load by a single byte, so
there is no immediate risk... :-) Please, give it a try. We need
something like that list.

And the same I ask of you, hackers-subscribed non-committers.

Just to clarify, -arch is supposed to be used when discussing
changes to FreeBSD itself. Things that might (or might not,
depending on how the discussion goes) end up committed. The kind of
thing we have been using -committers for, but when we want input of
a larger group.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"I always feel generous when I'm in the inner circle of a
conspiracy to subvert the world order and, with a small group of
allies, just defeated an alien invasion. Maybe I should value myself
a little more?"