Date:      Wed, 06 May 2009 12:03:14 +0200
From:      "Ronald Klop" <ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   devd doesn't fire event on boot

Hello,

Running 7.2-STABLE/amd64. I have a USB-disk and added stuff to devd to
mount it readonly on attach. This does work if I attach it after booting
up, but not if it is attached before booting.

[root@sjakie ~]# cat /etc/devd/philips.conf
attach 10 {
         device-name "umass[0-9]+";
         match "vendor" "0x0471";
         match "product" "0x083a";
         match "sernum" "20521126";
         action "/root/bin/mountphilips.sh";
};

[root@sjakie ~]# cat /root/bin/mountphilips.sh
#! /bin/sh
(
# Sleep, so geom and other kernel stuff can handle the disk
# before we try to mount it.
sleep 10
mount -v /mnt/backupdisk
) &

[root@sjakie ~]# grep backupdisk /etc/fstab
/dev/ufs/Extern /mnt/backupdisk ufs     ro,noauto       0       0

What can be wrong? Is it possible devd misses events which happened before
devd was started?
Is this known behaviour?

Ronald.