Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 95 17:17:54 MST
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hasty@netcom.com, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, dsherwin@cts.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 probs? This the right place?

> > What is your problem?

[ ... ]

> Huh?  I presume you're a good friend of Dan's or something, and this
> entirely ad-hominem attack on him has some greater significance that
> the rest of us just aren't in on?  He was gracious enough to ASK if
> the mailing list was correct and when I informed him that the XFree86
> project was the more correct place to go, he kindly thanked me and
> redirected his question accordingly.  If your response was not in jest
> than I think you owe him an apology - this kind of rudeness is neither
> tolerated nor welcome on our lists, and if you can't be nice then I
> strongly urge you to stay well out of the question-answering business,
> at least where our good name is concerned.

Jordan, I think you have the em-FAH-sis on the wrong sy-LAH-ble.  8-).

"WHAT is your problem", not "what IS your problem"...

Unfortunate similarity to the idiom "what's HIS problem?".

He was asking that the problem be enumberated, not casting aspersions
on the speakers ability to form rational thoughts.

Ah, English...  8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---