Date:      Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:36:15 -0400
From:      Jake Commander <jakec@ukfirst.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sysinstall and distros

Hi,

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, but I'm wondering if this might
be distribution related.

When I try a /stand/sysinstall, the system can't find a suitable
ftp server. I get a warning of the kind:

    Warning:  Can't find the `4.6-RC' distribution on this
            FTP server.

That's on ftp.freebsd.org and a few others. I've tried changing the Release
Name to 'any' as sysinstall suggests but this doesn't work either.

What's the rationale behind where these distributions are kept and how long
they're kept around. Any docs exist to explain this?

Regards,

Jake Commander