Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2000 12:09:54 +0100
From:      Reifenberger Michael <Michael.Reifenberger.gp@icn.siemens.de>
To:        "'Martin Minkus'" <diskiller@cnbinc.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   AW: Tecra 4000

Hi,
I'm running FreeBSD-current successfully on the Tecra8000.
The only issues are sporadic resume-faulures after suspend/resume =
(after
pressing the power-on button for resume the screen stays black and one =
has
to push the reset-button. Then a "resume failure" occures on the screen =
and
a normal startup occures) and pccard cant use the (from the BIOS =
choosen)=20
shared IRQ 11 for insert/eject notification. It get assigned an unused =
IRQ
but doesn't seem to work -> so poll mode only.
Besides that its stable and fast, X works too.

Bye/2
------
Michael Reifenberger - IT, UNIX, R/3-Basis
Work: Michael.Reifenberger@plaut.de    Proj:
Michael.Reifenberger.gp@icn.siemens.de
Pers: Michael@Reifenberger.com  Webspace: http://www.reifenberger.com

> -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
> Von:	Martin Minkus [SMTP:diskiller@cnbinc.com]
> Gesendet am:	Montag, 14. Februar 2000 11:05
> An:	freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
> Betreff:	Tecra 4000
>=20
> I'm looking at a secondhand Toshiba Tecra 4000 and am considering
> purchasing it.
> =20
> I can't boot FBSD on it. (It refuses to boot of the CD, it just =
ignores
> it, and continues to boot Win95).
> It does boot the Windows NT4 and NT5 (2000) cds, so i'm assuming it's =
BIOS
> is a bit picky and doesn't like my FBSD 3.3 and 3.4 boot cd's. (works =
on
> my old compaq laptop fine)
> =20
> It doesn't have a disk drive either, so that option is out too. So i =
can't
> get FBSD onto it.
> =20
> =20
> Now, my question is, DOES Fbsd work on this laptop, does it work =
WELL, and
> are there any known 'issues' or 'problems', etc. The toshiba laptops =
are
> some of the best compaitibility-wise (i had a toshiba tecra 570 or
> something a few years back, and FBSD ran wonderfully!!!. Since then, =
i got
> a Compaq and have regretted it since, having wierd problems with it
> always. Tho PAO came to the rescue).
> =20
> So, i am assuming the Tecra 4000 will work great, i just need to buy =
an
> external fdd so i can install FBSD on it. It has an internal modem, =
which
> i assume is a WinModem, and is the only thing that won't work. It =
also has
> the docking station, and i'm assuming that will all work ? (USB, =
Ethernet,