Date:      06 Feb 1999 23:44:26 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
To:        "Morris Allen" <mallen@vidnet.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Help !!

"Morris Allen" <mallen@vidnet.net> writes:
> The problems are:
>
> Well it would if FreeBSD 3.0 wasn't so messed up. Quotas still aren't
> working, and for some reason 3.0 went to non-static libraries which is
> what's breaking the ls commands in wu-ftp. I cant sandbox the systems
> without static libraries.

I'm sorry, but the above statement is untrue and some of it does not
even make any sense.

I think these matters would be more easily resolved if you would let
"your Engineer" talk to us directly rather than through a middle man.
He will also need to give us more detailed bug reports than "quotas
still aren't working", and explain what he means by "non-static
libraries" and how wu-ftpd is broken.

I would also like to point out that 3.0-RELEASE was not meant for
deployment in a production environment, and that the first production
release on the 3.x branch is 3.1, which is scheduled for release in
the second half of February.

Regards,

DES
--