Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 2014 13:15:14 +0100
From:      "A.J. 'Fonz' van Werven" <freebsd@skysmurf.nl>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to deal with broken MASTER_SITES/WWW?

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

Looking through my installed ports to see if any are unmaintained, I came
across a port of which the MASTER_SITE(S) and WWW are down. The site
itself (WWW) says it's currently down for maintenance, but it's been like
that for at least a week, if not longer. And with the MASTER_SITE(S) down
the distfile is only available from the FreeBSD mirror.

Should I just take maintainership, add my own mirror to MASTER_SITES and
wait for the site to come back online, or are there other steps to be
taken?

AvW

--=20
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example.

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe--