Date:      Sat, 25 Dec 2010 19:25:02 +0300
From:      Eygene Ryabinkin <rea@freebsd.org>
To:        David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com>
Cc:        dougb@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portmaster: print /usr/ports/UPDATING on update

--nFreZHaLTZJo0R7j

David, good day.

Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 12:16:05PM +0100, David Demelier wrote:
> Each entry in UPDATING is like "AFFECTS: users of net-mgmt/flowd" so if
> an update of net-mgmt/flowd is available and a *recent* entry in
> UPDATING talks about then print the message.
>
> This can prevent a lot of breakage and useless noise on lists. What do
> you think ?

I think that the attached script is a good starting point.
Comments are welcome ;))

And, for sure, it will be good to enforce the AFFECTS line
to contain the full port origin (or shell glob of it).  This
can be trivially done as the script that will periodically
check the UPDATING and mail people about troubles.  I can
write it if this will be really needed.
--
Eygene Ryabinkin                                        ,,,^..^,,,
[ Life's unfair - but root password helps!           | codelabs.ru ]

--nFreZHaLTZJo0R7j--