Date:      Sat, 5 Jun 110 11:53:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jim Dennis <jimd@mistery.mcafee.com>
To:        info@adn.edu.ph (Information Help Desk)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: command not found

> HI !!!
>
> 	Whenever I run an executable file located in the current directory
> I'm in, I always receive a 'command not found' error. I found this very

	Good!

> odd since the executable file is there but it seems that the shell cannot
> find it. To remedy this problem I have to prefix any executable file I
> want to run with './' (i.e. ./bootpgw).

	Very Good!

> 	Is there any other solutions for this bug (if it is)?

	This is not a bug!  Especially for root!

	If *you* _really_ want to trust whatever executable just
	happens to be laying around your current working directory
	you can at . (specifically :.) to the end of your path.

	Keep in mind that anyone on your system might leave a file
	named something like "cd~" or "ls-a" or "dir" or anything
	else that you *might* type (as a typo) and let you trip over it
	sometime when you are visiting their directory (or /tmp, or any
	writable directory).

	'root' SHOULD NEVER DO THIS!  Just use the ./ to make the
	shell understand that you really mean to execute this one
	right here.