Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 15:27:04 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Possible make problem

I have been trying to build the staroffice52 port from my CDROM. I
have had NO success to this point. It looks like a problem with make,
since a simple .if !(exists) seems to fail.

Here is what I'm getting:
# make -DWITH_CDROM
===>   staroffice-5.2 depends on file: /compat/linux/lib/libc.so.6 - found

Please mount the Sun StarOffice 5.2 CDROM
onto /cdrom and run make again.

*** error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/staroffice52.

The Makefile contains:
.if defined(WITH_CDROM)
.if !exists($CD_MOUNTPT/linux/office52/setup)
    @${ECHO}
    @${ECHO} Please mount the Sun StarOffice 5.2 CDROM
    @${ECHO} onto {$CD_MOUNTPT} and run make again.
    @${ECHO}
    @${FALSE}
.endif
.endif

# ls /cdrom/linux/office52/setup
/cdrom/linux/office52/setup
#

Looks like the file is there. I see no error in the Makefile, but the
test fails.

System is 4.2-BETA updated 11/2 at about 10:30 am.

Am I crazy or is something broken in make(1)?

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)