Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 09:25:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        alexovch@ic.kharkov.ua
Subject:   Re: Port cvsup problem...

In article <20020115190027.A5224@infocom.kh.ua>,
Aleksey Ovcharenko <alexovch@ic.kharkov.ua> wrote:
> Than trying to update doc's tree via cvs I got:

> Parsing supfile "/root/cvsup/doc-supfile"
> Connecting to cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org
> Connected to cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org
> Server software version: SNAP_16_1e
> Negotiating file attribute support
> Exchanging collection information
> Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
> ChannelMux.Accept failed: Connection closed
> *** Error code 1

It looks like network problems.  Try again later, or try a different
mirror site.

If it happens consistently, try lowering your MTU using "ifconfig"
or "route".  It shouldn't be necessary, but an increasing number of
ISPs seem to have broken network configurations these days.

For future reference, -stable isn't the right place to report CVSup
problems:

> #  cvsup -v
> CVSup client, non-GUI version
> Copyright 1996-2002 John D. Polstra