Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:11:57 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sch=F6nberg=2C_Christian?= <schoenbe@ifis.uni-passau.de>
To:        <FreeBSD-doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD DocBook documents

Hi,

I am working with a University research project that deals with =
automated verification of semi-structured data. The goal is to check for =
consistency criteria in documents that have a difficult structure, that =
were created by more than one person, or that were created over a long =
period of time. Possible criteria are e.g. "no topic is defined twice", =
"for every definition, there must be an example somewhere", or "every =
section, except for the introduction, must begin with a motivation and =
end with a summary" (those were formulated for e-learning documents that =
we worked with). These criteria are specified in a mixture of =
description logics and temporal logics, and validated using model =
checking against the document(s).
Further information is available online at =
http://www.im.uni-passau.de/db/projekte?project=3DVerDiKt&lang=3Den =
(currently only in German, but some of the papers linked at the bottom =
of the page are in English). The scope of the project is two people =
working full-time, several people part-time, for 2-3 years.
We are now looking for documents that can be used to test our theories =
and tools. Would it be possible for us to use the FreeBSD docbook =
documents for this purpose (purely scientific)?
As a bonus for you, we might actually catch a few inconsistencies that =
the human eye has missed so far.

Kind regards,
Chris

P.S.: jfyi, I sent a similar request to the KDE documentation team as =
well - the more test cases we have, the better.