Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:06:10 -0500
From:      Lane <lane@joeandlane.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   HOWTO: run portupgrade with original options for perl5.8

Hello,

I run openwebmail which wants perl compiled -DENABLE_SUIDPERL

However, when I portupgrade perl, this option is apparently not reused, and
openwebmail fails until I recompile perl.

I note that there is no entry for perl in /var/db/ports (i.e. no "options" are
recorded).

I also note that the /options that are present for other ports contain the
header:

# This file is auto-generated by 'make config'.
# No user-servicable parts inside!

and when I run make config from /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8 I get

===> No options to configure

So the question is:  How do I get portupgrade to remember the options I used
when I compiled perl?

Thanks!

lane