Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 1996 08:58:49 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se, jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com, greg@uswest.net, freebsd-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org, ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com
Subject:   Re: Another data point in the daily panics...

> > Anyone tried to fire up 40 crashmes and wait? Should produce nice output
> > for debugging a stressed system, no?
>
> Care to send me a copy of the aforementioned 'crashme', and I'll bore
> you with the results.  I can even swap in some marginal memory and
> repeat the process to see if I can reproduce your friend's
> observations 8)

I found something called "crashme 0.8" in alt.sources, compiled it, and am
running 50 copies of it...  it seems to be doing a nice job of raising my
load average slowly (now about 7.00)..

I do not understand how it could crash me though since I am already crashed
this morning.  :-)

Is this supposed to do something interesting?  Maybe I need to run more of
them.  I should run this on a non GENERIC kernel...

Oh.  There's a core file...  hmmm

Well I am going to reboot and see if I can run 100 copies, maybe it will
do something creative.

Ahhhh maxprox=2067, :-).  Let's jam.

OOoooo, cool!  Load spike!  :-)

... JG