Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 1996 16:54:43 +1000
From:      Andrew Perry <andrew@shoal.net.au>
To:        questions freebsd <questions@freebsd.org>, bord@cruzio.com
Subject:   Re: Dialing service provider during installation

Does your modem actually dial and connect to your provider or does it ignore anything
you type?

I had problems doing this because (according to a typing error i think) the term
program won't use serial port 2 and so when i had it on com2 it just ignored me until
i swapped it over to com1.

BTW i couldn't connect to my provider properly (kept kicking me off after switching
to PPP) and i ended up installing from floppies.

good luck
Andrew Perry
andrew@shoal.net.au