Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 1999 23:39:39 +0200 (EET)
From:      Vladimir Kushnir <kushn@mail.kar.net>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bmake/contrib framework for egcs

A pity. This would mean g77 gets a fair chance to once again become quite
obsolete. Of course, it's not all that important 'far as servers are
concerned, but as I'm in high energy physics - I should say so far all my
colegues I know used FORTRAN rather than C/C++. Well, that still doesn't
make us a majority here, does it?

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999, David O'Brien wrote:

> > BTW, do you plan to include egcs' g77 as well?
>
> Current, the g77 driver is built.  But the f771 isn't.  From previous
> talk, I've gotten the impression g77 should be a port vs. in the base
> system.  I'm Ok either way -- I leave the decision to the lists and Core.
>
> --
> -- David    (obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)

Oh, BTW, just today went through 'make -j16 buildworld' with your bmaked
egcs' compiled kernel (j16 is not very impressive, but computer is a poor
old P5-100 with only 32 Mb RAM). Kernel looked fairly stable, at least in
single user mode.

Regards,
Vladimir